You’ll enjoy great benefits when you become a member of the Canadian Celiac Association – Nova Scotia Chapter.
Click here to become a member now.
New members receive:
- Celiac Disease for Dummies, a book about coping with the gluten-free diet
- The Acceptability of Food and Food Ingredients, a pocket dictionary for the gluten-free diet
- A subscription to the national newsletter Celiac News
- A subscription to our quarterly newsletter Nova Scotia Celiac News. Click here to see a copy of the newsletter.
- Exclusive access to the members only portion of this website (includes published copies of Nove Scotia Celiac News, lists of gluten-free restaurants available in Nova Scotia, and more!)
Other benefits of membership:
- Opportunities to get involved through volunteering for the chapter and national office
- The chance to contribute to potentially life-changing research on celiac disease
Your membership will help the Nova Scotia Chapter provide:
- Support to those who are newly diagnosed with celiac disease and their families
- Awareness activities and information during May (Celiac Awareness Month) and throughout the year
- An office, staffed by volunteers, to provide support for members and those who seek help and information about celiac disease in Nova Scotia
- Social events where only gluten-free food is served
- Our informative quarterly newsletter
Your membership will help the Canadian Celiac Association advocate for initiatives such as:
- Better food labeling (i.e., disclosure of all sources of gluten in foods)
- Government recognition of the extra costs and time involved in eating gluten-free
- Safety, availability, and enrichment of gluten-free products
- Public awareness and understanding to make living gluten-free easier and safer
- Medical awareness to ensure early diagnosis and optimal continuum of care