- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups (170 grams) tapioca flour
- ½ cup (packed, about 66 grams) grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or Mexican farmer’s cheese – queso fresco)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
Equipment: 2 mini muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a mini-muffin tin. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well. At this point you can store the batter in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and just lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.
- Eat while warm or save to reheat later.
Note: Brazilian cheese breads are very chewy.
Submitted by: Huda Rashid, P.Dt., taken from SimplyRecipes®