- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour mix (1 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 1/2 cup potato starch)
- 1 tbsp. flax flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp. cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, margarine or non-dairy spread, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine gluten-free flour mix, flax flour, baking powder, sugar and sea salt in a bowl.
- Add whole eggs, milk and butter.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld, mix well until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pre-heat waffle iron and spray with a non-stick heart-healthy spray or brush lightly with butter, margarine or coconut oil. Cook waffles for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- You won’t believe they’re gluten free! Enjoy!
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh whipped cream and fresh seasonal fruit.
- These waffles freeze brilliantly and make for a quick and easy dessert or breakfast on the run – all you need is your toaster!
- Milk can be replaced for any of the following in equal amounts and yield excellent, delicious variations: soy milk, rice milk, fruit juice, coconut milk, goat’s milk, almond milk, hemp milk.
- The addition of 1/2 cup of chopped apple and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon puts feet on the floor in the morning, as does 1 cup or so of Nova Scotia wild blueberries!
Recipe by: Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet